Saturday, December 19, 2009

Does anyone know of a great medicated shampoo for dogs?

I have an English Bull Dog with skin allergies and I am trying to find a really good medicated shampoo. Just so everyone knows...my vet has tried many different types and we haven't found the right one for her. So please do not write back saying for me to ask a vet. I have obviously already done that to no avail. Now I am just looking for people that hae used good shampoos and can recommend one. I also love herbal remedies and would be very open if anyone has any home remedies for dog baths. I use cinnamon to keep fleas away in tandem to her monthly flea pill and it works great. Any suggestions?Does anyone know of a great medicated shampoo for dogs?
I have use just about every shampoo out there as well including tons of stuff from the vet! I just found this stuff called relief! By the best!





I am not using the shampoo just the cream rinse! I am using Arbonne baby shampoo and the cream rinse and this is the longest we have gone with out her have to have a bath! It鈥檚 been 3 weeks by the way!





http://www.petcarerx.com/pcrx/ProductPag鈥?/a>Does anyone know of a great medicated shampoo for dogs?
At the clinic I work at we use the product Hy-lite it helps with skin problems and also there is a conditioner that you can use it helps with the skin it is also by Hy-lite
Sorry to disagree, but there IS such a breed as an English Bull %26amp; also a breed French Bull %26amp; they are both AKC recognized. I do agree on the Four Paws shampoo.
You have to just keep trying until you find the one that's right for YOUR dog.





FWIW, I like Oats Fur Coats by Kelco. It's an oatmeal shampoo with cinnamon in it.
go to pugs and kisses i got my dogs special shampoo from there
MALASEB
I have a 6 year old Bulldog. (The breed is NOT called an English Bulldog, BTW) Try this one: Magic Coat, made by Four Paws....Hypo Allergenic medicated shampoo for pets with aloe vera %26amp; coal tar, use by Veterinarians for the relief of dandruff, dermatitis, itching and dry skin. (this is what it says on the bottle)





Add: Sly Kitty, I'm sorry but if you go to the AKC website, you WILL see what the breed is called. BULLDOG IS what my AKC registration papers say. Go check it out if you don't believe me. I *KNOW* for a fact that I'm 100% correct on this one! French Bulldog...yes. English Bulldog.....no.
First, get your dog off of food with any corn, wheat, fillers, artificial anything and preservatives. The problem has to be fixed from the inside out.


Then, get a good tar and sulfur DOG shampoo, I love espree's t%26amp;S, smells like cherries, www.espree.com and bathe him weekly, let him soak in it for at least 5 minutes and rinse him really well.


Once the food has worked it's way through his system this problem should be cleared up.


You might have to experiment a bit with the food, Avoderm is a good one for skin, as is Canidae All Life Stage and Evo.


Or, better yet, research and put him on a raw natural diet, it WILL help.





Add: Basset on the net, how do you like having my picture as your Icon? Wish yahoo would get their sh*t together!
Herbal won't help your dog in fact if he is allergic to grains in foods, he will be allergic to grains type shampoos like oatmeal. The best way I have found is to use first Benzoyl peroxide shampoo leave on for 10min then follow up with a chlorhexidine shampoo also for 10min. The benezoyl cleans out the hair follicles then the chlorhexidine is antibacterial %26amp; anti fungal to kill any bacterial/fungus on the skin. This has to be done at least once a week depending on how bad the skin is. Sometimes as the skin clears up you might need a gentle light conditioner to keep skin from drying out from multiple baths.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and yes you got it. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.

    Shampoo For Pets

    ReplyDelete