Saturday, December 19, 2009

How to get rid of head lice? I have tried Nix, and many lice removal medicated shampoos. Nothing works?

We have been battling with head lice this year. I have tried the medicated lice removal shampoos, like Nix. I have tried mayonaise, peanut butter, tea tree oil, vinegar, etc. They go away but come back. I always am treating them. This time I cant get rid of them. I am thinking I am going go have to home school my kids. I just cant get rid of them. I vaccuum daily, wash and dry blankets daily, all stuffed animals are bagged and put away for 2 weeks at a time. Pillows are dried in the dryer for 20 minutes. I have lysoled my house. I have bought new combs. Dont ever use the same one more than once. I even have taken the kids to the doctor. I have treated my whole family over and over. I have even called the Health Dept. to see if their nurse would come out and help me see what I may be missing. I have cleaned the couch and chairs daily with the lice spray. Even the seat in our car. Help??? Any advice is appreciated? Do you know of anyone who has had this same problem? I am trying to get each nit out, but it is so difficult to see them at times. I have even tried highlighting my kids hair thinking that might help. It didnt.How to get rid of head lice? I have tried Nix, and many lice removal medicated shampoos. Nothing works?
Shave the head.





Kerosene.How to get rid of head lice? I have tried Nix, and many lice removal medicated shampoos. Nothing works?
I have two things for you to use, first to get rid of them you have to use a dog shampoo... yeah I know it works.


Next.... to keep them from coming back you have to use Mane %26amp; Tail its a shampoo that has real coconut extract, it helps keeping them from coming back. Or look for shampoo with coconut extract....
I find Lavender essential oil or lavender vinegar is a good repellent; Once you've clean everything spray it around. My sister had some lice last year and they kept coming back so after treating her, I used to spray her bed and also her hair.
i despise nits! any chickens around? you can get lice from them. you seem to be doing all the right things - bagging up toys so the mongrels cant breathe.


it can drive kids nuts as well as you.


any of your kid's friends or yours got nits? they love clean hair.


this lady kept her kids home from school because the school didnt want to admit it was their problem. this school isnt allowed to touch the kids whereas this other school asked me if it was ok for them to check for nits - i said ooh yes!


good luck %26amp; i hope you get rid of the nasty little blighters once %26amp; for all
I used to suffer with head lice because a girl in my maths class had them. I kept getting them back but Full Marks head lice lotion works because it got rid of mine and find out who keeps giving them to you and get them sorted, the girl in my maths class never did anything about it but I moved seats in the class. I also got my hair cut and since then i haven't had any problems and my hair looked really nice short. Good luck, hopefully you get rid of the evil little things!! :(
You need to buy a nitty gritty comb for 拢10


and Full Marks for 拢10


put half the bottle of full marks on your head (dry)


and leave it on for 10 mins then use the nitty gritty comb and it will get rid of ALL the eggs! and then shampoo your hair twice to get rid of the grease from the full marks and then blow dry your hair and straighten it to get heat on it to burn anything that may be still living then use the Electric Nit Comb from Boots for 拢20 and it will shock the nits in your hair so the die instaly this comb will buzz when ever it goes over a nit :)
I can totally relate, and feel the frustration. It took me a whole year to de-lice and now I don't even try on used clothes for fear of another round. Hairspray really helped, as well as gel, but that is just your head, the lice can live on any surface, so I suggest you coat your skin after every bath or shower with vaseline and or lotion, spray your hair, and know that you have to switch the lice killer, since they adapt. Keep up the cleanliness, and wash with bleach or boiling temp. water to kill all bugs (including bedbugs) you might want to buy mattress covers because they can live there as well. Cold water does not kill bedbugs and lice eggs--it has to be scalding with a measure of bleach. All the hair brushes, combs and barrettes need to be discenfected after use, you can put a little vinigar or listerine with water in a glass for immersion when not in use.


The lice spray is toxic and can create absorption through the human skin. Switch to vinegar and water, spray often, and vaccum up the little bugs and eggs you can't see. I suggest you use old sheets on the couch and chairs so they can be more easily cleaned. The hairspray, conditioner and vaseline are great remedies.
Well, As A victim of headlice i lost my nits using this thing which kills them in 10 mins... its for children its 10 minute head lice removal which comes with a nit comb and i got it from boots so check there they defenitly have it. I Remembered the name its called : Full Marks i have left a link for how it looks ( the pic ) and that time igot it costed 10 pounds . it worked in 2 goes... once then 2 weeks after another and i lost them al yay

No comments:

Post a Comment