Saturday, December 19, 2009

How do you get head lice/nits out if the medicated shampoo's and combs aren't working?

My daughter has been diagnosed with head lice. I used the RID shampoo and the bugs were still moving. YES I left it on for 10 minutes. I then used the com out gel and it didn't work. I got the big bugs out but the nits are still in there. she has really curly hair and I even cut off over 6 inches of her hair because i thought it would help me get the nits out. I comb and conmb and they just stay clung to her hair. Somebodu told me to use my fingernails but there's not enough time int he day for me to go through and pick each one out by hand. ANY SUGGESTIONS on how to get them out more easily and effectively? I'm scared they are going to hatch even though I used that shampoo etc and then she's going to be covered in bugs AGAIN. Any helpful info would be SOOOO very much appreciated. Just thinking about it is making me itch.. I had to put a shower cap on her head to take her to the babysitters while I was at work to guarantee she wouldn't get those nits on the babysitters furniture. :-(How do you get head lice/nits out if the medicated shampoo's and combs aren't working?
i know this sounds gross but mayonaise then use a dandruff shampoo it has an ingrediant the lice shampoo hasHow do you get head lice/nits out if the medicated shampoo's and combs aren't working?
i dont like to say this but my nieces got them and we tried everything,they didnt work so we shaved their heads! dramatic i know, but afterwards they came over for a visit and they said 'we want to keep our hair short cause i've got no bities' they really like it and most importantly it worked!
Are you cleaning your house the proper way? Washing all bedding, furniture? Places she could still be contacting the lice? Head lice are hard to get rid of. If she has them she shouldn't be going to sitter and exposing sitters house and other kids. I have heard that mayo works.
When my three daughters were in school they contacted head lice, my girls had very long thick hair which made dragging the nit comb through it a nightmare for all concerned. I sprayed their heads with straight vinegar which killed the problem but getting those eggs out worried me in case they hatched. I smothered each girls head with hair conditioner and divided it into sections which made using the nit comb a lot easier, the eggs just slid out.
My kids suffered with those in early elementary school...would pick them up from daycare. After buying numerous boxes of rid, I finally found out about a natural, less expensive and non-poisonous treatment which worked and they never had them again.





Here goes: Either use mayonnaise or salad oil after shampooing hair. Then apply a shower cap and towel over head, leaving on overnight. In the morning, wash hair and strip the mayo or oil out with vinegar and comb out with nit brush again. I did it once and it worked, I was amazed and not sure why the school hadn't suggested this very inexpensive treatment....would save people money and time. I had even thrown away mattresses.





The oil or mayo suffocates the bugs.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment