Saturday, December 19, 2009

I get dry scalp evry winter and medicated shampoos don't seem to work.?

Help! Any ideas? Do you have any remedies that could help!I get dry scalp evry winter and medicated shampoos don't seem to work.?
A client came in and brought her own shampoo, and it works excellent on her hair. She uses it weekly though. She also said she uses it on her kids, too. It's called DHS. Her dermatologist prescribed it for her but its only available online. The shampoo is called DHS clear shampoo and the conditioner is called DHS conditioning rinse. They are sensitive enough for daily use as well. Try it out!!!





Glad to be of some help!,


JasmineI get dry scalp evry winter and medicated shampoos don't seem to work.?
try not shampooing it so often! thats also really damaging to your hair to shampoo it very often. oh and fish oil supplements work wonders! :]
Have you tried hot oil treatments? Also, try to avoid washing your hair everyday and drink more water.
I live in a semi arid area of the country where dry scalp is common. I use a good conditioner. Works for me.
I know exactly what you mean! I live in the middle of the desert, and I have the same problem.





I've found that hot oil treatments help some. You can buy them at Wal-Mart, the grocery store, or your local beauty supply store (like Sally Beauty Supply, if there is one in your area.)





Another thing I have done that's worked fairly well is to actually put lotion on my scalp at night if I'm planning on showering the next morning, and wear a soft cotton cap to bed. Then the next morning, I can shampoo my hair and wash away all the lotion.





Other than that, drink water! Now, with the cold setting in and the dry air, it's much harder to keep hydrated. Make sure you're getting plenty of water every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment