Saturday, December 19, 2009

My son has very severe cradle cap still.. his doctor has given him a medicated shampoo. Anyone else?

it's been 2 weeks and it got better, but it's starting to come back slow...My son has very severe cradle cap still.. his doctor has given him a medicated shampoo. Anyone else?
dont stress. it will eventually go away.


my son had the worst case I have ever seen, we called it cradle crap. I would put the oil on his head and take out scabs of it with a comb.


He is 19 now and cradle crap free, well ..he is 6'3'; so I assue its gone, I cant see the top of head anymore!My son has very severe cradle cap still.. his doctor has given him a medicated shampoo. Anyone else?
Baby Naturals makes a cradel cap shampoo that I used on my son. I used it everyday until the cradel cap was gone, and then for 2 days afterwards. After that, he never had cradle cap again. Once the cradle cap is gone, try rubbing some olive oil on his head to keep the skin there soft and moist. It shoudl keep the cradle cap from coming back, but make the skin soft enough to scrape off if it does come back.





Baby Naturals comes in a green bottle.
Try olive oil over night and see how it goes. It does go eventually - depends how old your son is and whether he has any other skin problems as it may not be that if he has other problems.
I asked my mom when my daughter had it (severely) and she said she put baby oil and used a comb.


So thats what I did and there was not a problem after that .


(I know it kind of made me want to puke all that stuff)





So I agree with the above...


BABY OIL!
I only had this problem with my oldest child, and I used the medicated shampoo. I also used a baby toothbrush to gently scrub the scalp, and it worked really well.





Good Luck - I know it's worrisome.
Start washing it more often. Daily is best.
Only one of my boys had this issue. I have three boys and two girls (12-2). He is now 6 and is beautiful! I used the baby oil, like many others said. I put it on his head just before bed when he was about 3-4 months old. Just enough to make his head wet, but not dripping. I left it on over night, as suggested to me, mind you, my first child didn't have this so I wasn't really sure what to expect. In the morning I took a baby comb and brushed through his hair. I was ';SHOCKED';, to say the least, when every single piece of his hair fell out while I combed it. I cried and cried. However, I must say, after all that, it never came back!! I hated what it did, but for me, I'd do it again, His hair grew back so nice and soft, and it grew in fast. I know this might not be every-ones' idea of a good thing, but knowing it wasn't bothering him (itching) anymore made it all worth it for me - and he was too young to care!.
You should use a soft baby brush and brush your baby's head while you nurse to help pass the time.





None of my babies had cradle cap, thrush, or the host of other maladies that I hear about babies. I must have been blessed, or babies are just plain sicker nowadays.
I USE TO PUT BABY OIL ON THE BABY'S HEAD AND TAKE A BABY COMB AND GET IT OUT, YOU HAVE TO DO THIS MANY TIMES, TRY TO KEEP SOME BABY OIL ON THE BABY'S HEAD, AND IT WOULDN'T BE SO HARD THE NEXT TIME IT COMES BACK. IF YOU WASH THE BABY'S HEAD EVERYDAY, THIS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN,
my little girl is 2 1/2 yrs she still gets it once in awhile. rub olive or any kind of kitchen oil on his head an hour or so before bath time, then gently wash it out with a soft brush, then always when you bath him just brush his hair and always keep his head clean.. it is not serious or contagious , so i wouldnt worry abou it
Try gently applying cooking oil to your babys scalp, avoid any that are derived fron nuts, esp. peanut, avoiding any potential bad reaction to nuts....massage it into the affected areas, leave it on overnight and gently scrape at the cradle cap with your finger nail the following day.





You can do this as often as you like, it makes the hair look yucky but it doesn't matter if you do this overnight and then bathe your baby in the morning after removing the crusts.





This was the most effective method I used with 2 of my babies.


Don't be alarmed if the scalp is a little pink for a short while after, or if a few hairs are removed along with the crusts, they will soon grow back.
I know most recommend baby oil, but that never worked for me. We battled with cradle cap for almost 3 years with my son. You can get P%26amp;S Liquid over the counter. The directions say to use it overnight but it can get messy - especially with a little one. I lathered his head up about 20 mins before bathtime, then gently scraped the scales out with a fine toothed comb and washed with head and shoulders shampoo. It only took about a week and it was gone, and never did come back. Worth a shot!!
I agree with the baby oil. Thats what we always did,(way back in 70's %26amp; 80's). Also you could call the baby's doctor and see what they think!
A doctor told me just to wash their head with dandruff shampoo. Adult shampoo, so you have to be careful not to get it in their eyes.
  • windows media player
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment